Saturday 28 July 2012

A stupid gag


"Janice, you have to listen to me."
"Why?"
"Because if you don't, you won't get the 20 quid that you wanted."
She pouted and left the room.
Her father was being a bit harsh on her, but it made her think. She wanted that money no matter what, so she left the house via the window in her bedroom.
During those four hours she had been away, her father didn't know a thing, but when she came back in the living room, she was all smiles.
"What are ye laughing at?"
"It's a... it's a... "
And the door bell rang.

The father opened the door and two blokes were there.
"Oi, mate, cough up or we'll grass ya."
"I beg your pardon?"
"You'll be beggin' me fist if ye don't give me the money in yer house, mate."
"Who are you?"
"We be people that be wantin' yer money, now give it here or we'll smash ya."
Father turned around and saw her laughing.
"Oh, daddy, I'm sorry, it was just a plain old gag, I didn't think they'd actually do it."
"This is your idea of a joke? And for a measly 20 quid?"
The parent threw his arms in the air, moved to the table, picked up the money and gave it to her.
"Now go, and don't come back, ever. And I mean it."

She took it and left. She never set foot in that house again. Never spoke to her parent, but went on to become a married woman in another town, and a successful one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment