Sunday 27 October 2013

Watching - Dialogue only flash story






"Like I was saying, this guy's watch was taken right off his hand."
"So? People steal daily, from money to clothes to objects like that."
"Yeah, but this guy...when he realized, he put his hand on his head and started chuckling."
"He found humor in a theft. Nice."
"No, not really. He had a band-aid plastered over his wrist."
"And?"
"These ones spread laughing gas once you remove that thin plastic or paper, whatever it is."
"Isn't it illegal? What's the world coming to? How the heck did they pull that one off?"
"Beats me. All I know is that a bunch of other people started going hysterical as they passed by him, then they fell on the ground, switching their hands from their bellies to their cheeks."
"Did they die?"
"According to the paramedics, they became amnesics for life. Basically, their memory was wiped out and they can never make new ones."
"I can't even fathom that thought."
"Neither can I. Good thing I was on the other side, grinning at the beautiful time ticker I found in my pocket."

No comments:

Post a Comment