Monday 31 August 2015

Story #6 - On hold


Great. I have to call these numpties again. The last time I did, I had to wait over an hour to talk to someone who wasn't a robot. And that bloke just stopped it a minute in. Preposterous. Oh, and I had to pay a lot of money for the landline.
Maybe it'll be faster this time.
I'm putting the number in and...it's ringing!
False alarm. Another robot message.
Now some jingles. Same pop-like song, over and over. I wonder if the last time they changed it, we had Pop music princesses at their peak. Or maybe we still had that Swedish group singing. You know, that song about money. Maybe that should be their anthem.
Ooohh... Ringing again.
"Hello?"
Nope. The robot advert again. And she doesn't even have a nice voice. Then again, those nice voices are working in a different branch, at different hours, for different people.
It's been five minutes now.
Does the cat have any food? Better go and check. Pretty sure nobody will answer.

She has food. What about the call?
Still in bloody pop music mode. If only it sounded nice. I could've danced to it. Could've given Travolta a lesson in boogie-woogie-woo-woo.  Raise that hand, shake that hip, rattle that foot. Yeaaaah.
Ringing again.
Nope. Not this time.
Such an annoying plight to have.
I have to find some hobbies while I'm waiting for this. Scrabble? Search for a "On hold" group? Try painting? We'll see.
Oh, ringing again...

No comments:

Post a Comment