Wednesday 28 October 2015

Story #64 - What's this love thing? (part 5)


That shift went by fast enough. I was relieved. And nobody asked me about my grumpy mood, which I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing.
After I left the pub, I checked my phone. Julie sent me a message.
"I'm sorry about earlier. I'm feeling down. I just can't be nice to people. I even took some days off work. I'd like to make it up to you if you're available in the coming days."
I stopped in the middle of the street, staring at my phone like some genie was popping out of it.
"...alright? Hey, hey. Dan, hellooo..."
Clara had her face near my phone at it took me a good five seconds to realize that. She's another former colleague who traded jobs in the area. From bartender to baker. It was a sudden and a drastic change. I've asked her several times why the switch, but she never answered.
"Oh, it's you."
"What's that supposed to mean? Were you expecting some famous actress?"
"No. I was stuck in my..." Her figure went from facing me to facing the phone. "Whoa. It's private," I said and took it away, then closed it and placed the device in my trousers' right pocket.
"Sounds like you have a date, you heel you."
"Possibly."
"You know, you're always like this."
"Like what?"
"Unsure. Giving those types of answers. And then there are the problems you face when asking girls out. Feels like World War 3 is about to start."
"I don't know what you mean."
"You do. You're just kidding yourself. Think I don't know that you liked me?"
"That's..."
"True. You never made a move. And now it's lost, for good. Your chances weren't that big, though. I always felt that you were more of a friend type than a boyfriend type."
"Thanks."
"Sounds harsh, I know. I think you're a nice guy who deserves a girl, but you have to change."
"In what way?"
"Hmm... I'm off right now, judging by the time, you are too. Wanna grab a coffee?"
"If you tell me about me, sure."
"Great."
What's going on right? First Julie, now Clara? Can something good come out of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment