Thursday 29 October 2015

Story #65 - What's this love thing? (part 6)


I still don't know if I'm ready to hear what she has to say about me. I'll see how things go.
We came in this coffee shop, which Clara kept saying that it has the best brewed stuff in the area, "Way better than what you'd find in those chains." and there are only four other people in here. Then again, the clock hasn't passed half five yet.
"What kind of coffee would you like?"
"Surprise me," I say, and she smiled.
I grabbed a table nearer to the end of the place, in a more secluded area.
I checked my phone to reread Julie's message while I waited. My pointer hovered over the Reply button. I started sweating. I took a deep breath and shut off the phone. I couldn't be level headed right now, and I'd rather not write anything bad.
"I bought you a latte. Is that alright?"
"Sure. I'm not too fused about coffee in the first place. How much do I owe you?"
"My treat. I invited you here to do unspeakable things to you."
"Ha ha."
"Everybody laughs before they're tortured. Then they realize it's not theirs."
"You sound like me. Are you alright?"
"Am I alright? I'm having a great day. I met you and it will be even better."
"Not for me."
"Don't be quick to shrug me off. Are you ready?"
"I'll never be ready,"
"Okay. I know I said that you are more of a friendzoned guy and that I'd tell you how to improve yourself, but I've been looking at you from the counter there and there's not much wrong.
You lack some confidence with girls, and you act way too cautious because of it. Has it ever paid off?"
"Err..."
"Come on, spill it out. I'm not a gossip monger."
"It hasn't."
"So, why do you still do it?"
"I don't know how else to behave."
"I can see that," Clara says and starts smiling. I'd like to punch her. It feels like those lips are mocking me. It's annoying. "Oh, and you need a different hairstyle. And maybe groom at times. And a new style of clothes."
"Clothes? You've never seen my outside of work clothes. I have different stuff than cargo pants, black t-shirts, and running shoes."
"Uh-huh. How about we meet once in your nicest clothes?"
"Sure."
"Tonight?"
"Where do you want to go?"
"You'll see."
"Okay."
"Great. Let's meet at Leicester Square at nine pm."
"Sounds good."

We finished out coffees right after that, then headed off. I wonder what's in my head at this point. I have a bad feeling about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment