Saturday 7 November 2015

Story #74 - Just another day


Just another day. That's what was supposed to be. Just another one.
Talking and making bad jokes among guys is something that happened all the time.
We were one of those underprivileged places where girls didn't really step inside, but when they did they weren't hot. No, scratch that. They weren't even cute. Or nice. Bitchy girls with an agenda to complain about their life and nobody here to give a damn.
Then she came in. Hair like autumn leaves, making her figure look like a bloomed bouquet. A smile that could make you forget what you were talking about, that could make you forget you had your mouth open. That could make you forget you had bills to pay.
She approached the counter with a gentle manner, still smiling like she meant it. Her eyes were glowing.
"Hi," I said.
"Hello," she said, in a soft tone able to mush the fiercest of men and turn them into puppy-eyed children.
"Can I ask you out?" As soon as I said that a voice in my head started yelling with an echo. Can't remember what it said. I'm pretty sure it was along the lines of me being sane.
She giggled. My knees almost buckled at that sound. "You're nice. And I'd like to accept it. I'm afraid I cannot." She showed me her ring finger with a ring on it.
"There's absolutely no way you will change your mind, right?"
She shook her head, still smiling.
"At least I tried."
"Exactly. Now you can feel better."
"I would've been ecstatic if you'd've said yes."
"I'm pretty sure you'll find one soon enough."

Falling for one, getting rejected. Fun day. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment