Monday 23 November 2015

Story #90 - Punctuality, or lack thereof


"You're late."
"I am. Indeed. Only five minutes, though."
"That doesn't matter. You're late."
"I get that. I'm sorry. It couldn't be helped."
"Do you realize how important this is?"
"I do."
"Yet you couldn't be on time."
"Unfortunately."
"Do you have any excuse?"
"I'm afraid not. Nothing justifiable, at least."
"Do you find it reasonable to be late?"
"Not really. I simply have a habit of doing. It's not something I go out of my way to do. I don't like upsetting people. However, I do sense that we are on bad terms right now, and I can understand that perspective, but it's a bit too much regardless of what kind of meeting it is. Some people are punctual, some are not."
"Delaying matters is not good."
"Neither is talking idly and pointing the finger. It creates a vaster negative environment. And I wouldn't have expected such from a person like yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment