Wednesday 25 November 2015

Story #92 - Let's be reasonable, okay?


"For the past week I've been waking up with some pain, and whenever I look I see bite marks."
"Big? Small?"
"Tiny. I'd show you, but I can't undress in the pub."
"I see. It's near that area. Whoever's biting you must like it if they keep coming back."
"It's my kneecap, idiot. Always thinking filthy stuff."
"I like to wind you up. Seems to work every time. Anyway, getting back to our spots, do they sting?"
"No. They're just there, red and a little swollen."
"You probably have a meddlesome spider in your crib."
"I haven't seen anything."
"Try to sleep in a different place if you can, or dress differently when going to bed."

"I did what you asked me and my bite marks have increased, and not only that, but I have more swollen parts."
"Then you should go see a doctor and call in the exterminator."
"That's drastic."
"Do you have any better ideas?"
"No."

"I went to the doctor's office. She definitely said it's from a spider and gave me an ointment."
"What about the exterminator?"
"He's coming by later."

"How did you sleep?"
"I woke up without any new marks, so the guy did the job good."
"Did he tell you anything?"
"That there was a spider's nest in the bathroom."
"And you didn't see that how?"
"It was hidden under something. He himself told me he didn't see it at first."
"Uh-huh. I hope you're taking measures now."
"Oh. I have to? I thought they're vanquished for good."

No comments:

Post a Comment