Wednesday 27 January 2016

Story #155 - It was supposed to be a regular day (part 10)



I was cleaning the plate, or trying to clean it, as the water's jet kept going down the pipe, missing the white dish completely. Sure, my hand didn't want to behave. It stood on the edge of the sink, swinging between the cold metal and the cold stream.
"You're acting really weird." Jim popped up near me and blurted that thing out. It made me jump. I almost smashed the plate against the hard part, but I stopped when it pinched the surface.
"Don't do that."
"I'm surprised you heard me with this noise. And your narrow view." He said and placed his hands to the side of his eyes.
"Can't I be spaced out?"
"You weren't before."
"So, no?" Okay. I'll try to not be anymore."
"You don't have to be so annoying, you know? You're not as cute anymore."
I point at my chest as I tilt my head forward.
"I was joking. Jeez. What's gotten into you?" He nudged me with his elbow. "If you want a breather, I have the patio at the end of the hall."
"Alright. I might just do that."
"Stacy is nice, too." He shuffled past me on his way out. He didn't look, but I'm sure he figured I froze and blushed. Like a bloody strawberry popsicle.
I need something to cool off...
Oh, he has nachos. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment