Wednesday 13 April 2016

Story #232 - Self-doubt

"Look, I'm telling you, I can do this."
"No, you can't."
"I've done it a million times before."
"Yeah, but you can't do it this time."
"Why not?"
"You've got anxiety."
"I always have. Didn't stop me before."
"Are you sure? Remember that one time?"
"Yeah...but I overcame it."
"It can always happen again."
"Stop it. Why are you here again?"
"Again? I never leave. I'm in your head, remember?"
"Yeah, but I wish your brother would come instead."
"That happy idiot? Why would you want him?"
"Because he'll make me feel unstoppable."
"Right. And is that better than feeling you're worthless?"
"Who would choose to be driven mad at all times?"
"You, and everybody else around you."
"No. Most people have it together. Or at least in a certain way. Not everyone should be locked up somewhere."
"I'm not talking about that."
"Oh, then you're talking about suicide, huh?"
"Kinda."
"Some of us want to live."
"I want you to die."
"Goddamit. How do I make you get out of my head?"
"By dying."
"There has to be a different way."

No comments:

Post a Comment