Saturday 16 April 2016

Story #235 - How benches appear

"How did that park bench appear?"
"Don't you know?"
"No."
"Isn't it common knowledge?"
"Is it?"
"Yeah."
"I don't know what's common knowledge."
"Uh-huh. Well, they chop off wood somewhere, cut it, arrange it, and voila, a bench."
"I'm sure it's not that simple."
"How do you mean?"
"I'm sure there's a person that makes sure every part is cut adequately, then polishes that until there are no splinters left, or any way to get them. Then they arrange them all and, plug screws in specific places, and paint it."
"And you said you didn't know."
"I was hoping there's more to it."
"You won't know if someone bleeds over it."
"No."
"So what did you want to know."
"Nothing. I guess I'm a knowitall".
"Which is why we're friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment