Friday 22 April 2016

Story #241 - Purple Rain

I remember when I met you that day.
I was such a klutz back then. Not that I'm much different, but you changed me.
I had forgotten my umbrella like a dumbass, and had to sit in the park, under a tree, feeling the faint traces of dew against my jacket and chin. I felt lousy. I wanted to kick someone's ass. Hell, even a cat's.
Then you stopped by and said "Hi." Damn. My face changed color and the corners of my mouth turned upside.
After much deliberation I said "Yo," like a cocky guy who was shy on the inside.
"Why ain't'cha goin' home?"
"I don't want to be wet." I looked away and placed my hands in my pockets. I though that would be cool for some reason.
"I can stay with'cha."
"Nah. I'll be fine."
Two steps later and she was grinning at me. White teeth like an elephant's ivory, flashing themselves through this disposable weather, ruining the mood. "Why don'cha join me undah my umbrella?"
I have to admit, my knees became moist from that. "Aren't you afraid of me?"
"Why would I be when ya stuck ther' like a cat in a tub?"
She actually made me clench my fist.
"Besides," she carried on. "Ya playin' an act, and tha's not ya."
"How do you know how I am?"
"I can see through peoples."
I don't know if she was bluffing or not, but it relaxed me, as weird as it sounds. So I decided to go for it. To take the plunge and step under her umbrella.
I don't recall how, however, the greyish-looking atmosphere changed into a multi-colored fairy tale adventure, everything blooming and booming, with the rain going into one of the darker rainbow colors. I don't know what was going on, yet I didn't want it to cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment