Thursday 28 April 2016

Story #247 - Old habits resurface (part 4)

A seeping white light is trying to bury itself into my irises. I don't want to at first, but I cave in and open my eyelids.
White ceiling...white walls...white curtains...white sheets... Am I dead?
No. I can't be dead. I-I-I feel pain. Immense pain. God. What's this throbbing stuff in my right arm?
Oh, man, I can't keep it in anymore. I have to yell out my pain. Maybe someone will come and put me out of my misery. Not for good, I hope.
"Doctor, doctor, the patient has awaken. Come quickly." I hear from the door. Cannot turn that way. Is my neck jammed? I don't feel anything bad with it.
"Doctor!"
"I'm here. Hmm... Why did nobody administer him anything for his pain?"
Incompetents. I can't believe he'd say that out loud.
He's injecting something now, and I am starting to feel calmer.
I'm going to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment