Monday 8 August 2016

Story #349 - The paranoid tenant

There are moments in anyone's life when they meet or share a moment with someone, that they realize they might have been changed forever. Such a thing has happened to me.
I hadn't even seen the man, when I heard him in the shower.
Initially, through the muddling of the walls corroborated with the music my laptop was dishing out, I thought someone was dying, or crying, or having one of those happenings were it's perceived to be unnatural in talking to others. At least according to the media.
I can't say it bothered me much knowing that he was at his wits' end, however, once I turned down the song, I heard properly. The man was singing in the shower worse than most when drunk. No melodic line, no nothing. Chalk on board would've been more bearable. Alas, I had to turn the volume up.
Two days later, I heard his room's door getting closed with the keys, and that didn't bother me one bit. I understand, a new place, and the last thing one needs is to lose their belongings to strangers they haven't met. Yet, he went into the toilet. This puzzled me deeply. I did not keep check of the minutes, but it had been between 10 and 15. Then, he unlocked his door and went back in his chamber.
A week has passed, with the same habits. I'm looking forward to the next ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment